In the event of an emergence call 911 for assistance. Health data forms are completed by all students upon enrollment. This form contains information regarding medical conditions and emergence contact phone numbers. Students exhibiting serious illness are asked to return home. An emergency contact will be called to pick the student up from school if the illness is severe, but not life threatening.
In the event of weather emergencies or natural disaster such as FLOOD, EARTHQUAKE, TORNADO ETC, Deluxe Barber College will follow the San Antonio School District closing policy or you can call us at 281-456-4600 (emergence number) for more information. If a weather emergency arises during school hours, school will be dismissed and students will be allowed to make calls and arrange transportation if they do not have cars.
For other emergencies like FIRE, BOMB ETC we will follow the general evacuation procedure, by immediately evacuating the building and calling the proper authority and to remain outside till we are cleared to come back inside.
FIRE EVACUATION PROCEDURES
Alert others in the area/building.
Call 911 if necessary.
Evacuate the building if necessary.
If the fire is small and it is safe to do so, once the evacuation has begun, use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire safely.
Remember, safe evacuation is always the primary concern.
DELUXE BARBER COLLEGE STUDENTS CODE OF CONDUCT BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
1. No smoking near the building.
2. No eating or drinking in the lobby or classroom.
3. Drug and alcohol are not permitted on the premises. Violation of this rule leads to immediate termination. Proper law enforcement agencies will be contacted if a student is in possession of illegal substances.
4. Absenteeism and tardiness are grounds for termination. Excused absences will be determined at the discretion of school management.
5. If a student is absent more than three (3) consecutive days, the student will be required to furnish the school with a doctor’s statement or a document stating the reason for the absence.
6. Students must notify the school when absent.
7. Saturdays are MANDATORY. Students not reporting on Saturday are not allow till the following Saturday.
8. No loud talking, laughing, foul language, horse playing, teasing, fighting will be tolerated.
9. Students cannot refuse any assignment, refusing can result in immediate termination.
10. All students are required to clean mirror and work areas at the end of the day.
11. No gambling or concealed weapons are allowed on school premises. If this rule is violated the student will be terminated immediately.
12. All students are required to be in the proper uniform and wear a clean smock.
13. Students helping students is not permitted without management approval.
14. All students are required to get permission to leave the building.
15. Students are not allowed to hang outside the school, on the sidewalk or in cars.
16. Students will be issued a time card and will check in at the beginning of the day and check at the end of the day including during breaks.
17. Students are required to attend theory class Tuesday-Friday. All students must complete TDLR required practical application and pass a final exit exam before the State Board request documents are complete by the school.
18. No sitting in client’s area and chairs. Students are not allowed to loiter in the customer lobby area.
19. No abuse of school equipment such as the barber chairs and shampoo chairs etc.
20. Students must wear their smocks at all time and to dressed appropriately according to the school dress code.
21. Students must bring their tools and books to schools everyday or you will not be allowed to clock in.
22. Students are not allowed to borrow or tamper with other students tools without their approval.
23. Students will be suspended for soliciting tips or being hustle to customers.
24. All students must respect school personnel, state inspectors, customers and also respect one another.
25. At No Time Will a student enter the office without permission by management. NOTE: that will result to immediate termination from the school/program.
Remember, Deluxe Barber College does not tolerate illegal activities; students involved in any type of illegal activity will be reported to the proper authorities.
Copyright 2015 © Deluxe Barber College
Created by Alpha Omega Printing (281)937-0808